Monday 14 April 2014

Birthday Party!

After having a birthday party with a bunch of my friends I realized how much I wanted to have access to more quality party games. There are many fun mulitplayer games but games that are designed for a bunch of friends that have low learning curves are quite wonderful gems.

These gems are not the easiest to find. There may be quite a bit of cheap party games but I'm looking for content that is worth getting and replaying over and over.

Nidhogg

  • Two player 
  • 2D combat game
  • Quick matches 
  • Good tournament system.
  • Lots of modes



Super Smash Brothers series

  • Up to 4 players
  • Fighting game
  • Match time varies
  • Lots of characters
  • Lots of stages
  • Custom stages
  • Lots of items

Mariokart series (I prefer CTR but I don't believe it has multitab capability [which isn't a common accessory for most people]

  • Up to 4 players
  • Racing game
  • Matches usually no longer than 5 minutes
  • One can change the player per race
  • Change in character and vehicles is mostly aesthetic, minor changes in gameplay

Worms series
Depending on which version one gets the features vary but most of them are all great. I personally own World Party and highly recommend it.

  • Up to 16 players hotseat
  • Turn based combat game
  • Lots of weapons/ item variety
  • Lots of modes
  • Custom stages
Chu-Chu Rocket
  • Up to 4 players
  • Puzzle game, but it can get really fast paced and hectic
  • A crazy amount of levels
  • Custom levels
  • Some extra modes
Wii Sports
Not actually a bad series of games. I'm quite a fan of the bowling game since it games the none skilled bowlers feel amazingly talented. 

Super Monkey Ball

  • Tons of levels to try
  • Time challenges 


Little Big Planet

  • endless amount of levels
  • up to 4 players
  • offline and online 

Zen Pinball

  • The best pinball game I know of w a bunch of neat machines
  • Play up to 4 people as well I believe
  • There is a hot seat option
  • You can play for highest score (last time I did this I broke my high score)
Burnout Paradise 

  • The most satisfying race you'll ever have
  • destroy your friends
  • get destroyed
  • and in the end, just keep racing and breaking your car.


The Yawhg

  • Up to 4 players
  • If you like DnD it's like that but w/ out the combat
  • Very personally story driven (all about your choices).
  • Replayability
  • 15-20 minute matches max  

Things I need to look at


Samurai Gunn

Tower Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment